Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Eagle Creek in Indy

Post Thanks / Like

ii fish there sometimes 14 foot gruman with a 10 hp the police have to write a ticket and they are not out very often

Post Thanks / Like

will do.

Quote Originally Posted by Chance View Post
    OK, mine is a 14' Lowe from the 70's. It works for me. I did put a 50ft/lb minnkota on it until someone wanted it more than me. It now has a 55ft/lb Newport Vessels because it was cheaper. Let me know if you head this way.

Post Thanks / Like

Fished Eagle Creek yesterday. Main lake was 49 and the warmest water I could find was 51. Caught 10 dinks out over deep water and couldn't get a bite in shallow. Nice to get out!!!
    Likes cevans, Chance LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

I'm still confused... Can you use a large motor if idled?

Sent from my Z983 using Crappie.com Fishing mobile app
    HAND TIED CRAPPIE JIGS CRAPPIECOLLECTORS JIGS

https://www.etsy.com/shop/CRAPPIECOL...g_id=515350944

Post Thanks / Like

No, that is a violation. I was at the park office to buy an annual ramp pass last week and ask them specifically. I see it being done alot. The lake is patrolled by Indy park rangers and Indiana COs. If I was one of the people that lived on the lake I would do everything I could to keep the 10 hp regulation. You'll see paddle boards, rowing teams and sail boats there. Interesting place to fish!
    Likes Chance LIKED above post

cevans is offline Crappie.com Legend * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

10 horse limit, and they used to make me take the prop off the big motor when I wanted to use a 18.5 ft skeeter on it and just used the trolling motor only. That was 10 or so yrs ago and it’s still 10 hp today but not sure if you have to raise the big motor or remove prop. That’s a pita on boat control too, to keep the rear end from swinging around on you in wind with trolling motor used on,front and big motor out of the water on back.

PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER
    authorized by: Billbob and "G"

Post Thanks / Like

Yea, I've just kept my big motor tilted and haven't had any problems. You're sooo right, cevans, boat control out on the lake and getting it on the trailer can be tough. You need to hit that trailer right the first time!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Clear as mud.... So you can launch with any HP and use trolling motor.....but only power 10HP or under?

Sent from my Z983 using Crappie.com Fishing mobile app
    HAND TIED CRAPPIE JIGS CRAPPIECOLLECTORS JIGS

https://www.etsy.com/shop/CRAPPIECOL...g_id=515350944

Post Thanks / Like

Yep, and they charge and it’s 10-15 as your not a county resident as it’s Indy Park. Lake is 1350.00 acres and your launching at the more southerly part not far from dam in the deeper part of the lake. If you go straight across, you will find the Creek channel but I always caught good crappies all over it. North end of lake after going under 56th st. Bridge is the shallow end. There is a submerged bridge near where the new bridge is east of it on the south side of 56th st. And it also holds fish really great. Lake has excellent crappie, pretty good bass, and DNR also releases walleye fry into it so there is good walleye to be had. Eagle creek park is on east/ north side about 3-4 sq. Miles big, full of deer and good mushroom hunting and it also,has a very dynamite 18 hole golf course on west/north side I also used to play golf and mushroom hunt it LOL at the same time. Should I say I was trespassing? I fished it from 78 to 03 quite a bit. Ricks Cafe and Boatyard is near the launch area and I used to entertain business clients there. Excellent food and drinks, but very pricie when you do a full blown meal, but you can still order sandwiches and fries. ��
    Last edited by cevans; 04-23-2018 at 09:03 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

If you go up there, easiest way to get to it is hit 465 at south side of Indy and take 465 to west side of Indy and just past the Speedway exit get off and take 38th st exit off 465 and go west on 38th st. About a mile and where you see Ricks Cafe, turn right past Eagle Creek Airport at Ricks and take the road next to the lake north 200 yds north of Ricks and your at the launch.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12