HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Green River Lake 4/12&4/13

Post Thanks / Like

Default Green River Lake 4/12&4/13

We put in at Holmes Bend at first light both days. Fished until the wind blew us off the lake (about 2:30-3:00 each day). As you guys know the lake was up about 7-8 feet and water temp was 52-56 degrees and pretty muddy. Took us a while but we finally found some in 25' of water. We spider rigged with jigs and minnows 10-15 feet deep and caught fish. Kept 9 on Thursday and 16 on Friday. Had three times as many shorts each day. Wanted to fish Saturday but storms said no. Not a great report but figure you all are interested.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Likes Northforker, 1187mg LIKED above post

CrappiePappy is offline Super Moderator - 2013 Man Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the report, KyBruce. I think a lot of our members had been a bit silent on Green reports because of the upcoming CUSA tourney. Maybe more will start reporting since the CUSA tourney has been cancelled (due to high water) and rescheduled for June.

Come join us at the Spring Fling @ Green if you can !!
    Thanks LaCorts thanked you for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Don't think I could give away any secrets. LOL. I would love to come down to the spring fling but can't that weekend. Always my luck. That may be the first time the lake is in decent shape this spring.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CrappiePappy is offline Super Moderator - 2013 Man Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by KyBruce View Post
    Don't think I could give away any secrets. LOL. I would love to come down to the spring fling but can't that weekend. Always my luck. That may be the first time the lake is in decent shape this spring.
    LOL !! >>> yeah, if you look back at last year's Spring Fling report, many were catching their fish in 20+fow Pushing jigs & cranks ... right about the time you would think they'd be on the banks & git'n down wit it.

Post Thanks / Like

The crappie USA was canceled today for this weekend. Rescheduled June 1-2 due to lake water levels.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the report! The wind is killer. I am off this week turkey hunting and fishing. Will be back on Green in the morning. I haven't fished since 4/6. Hopefully the bite will pick up as the week goes on.
    Likes KyBruce LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Drakeky View Post
    The crappie USA was canceled today for this weekend. Rescheduled June 1-2 due to lake water levels.
    Yeah .... it's 5ft over Summer Pool !! BUT .... the dam is only releasing water at 884cfs (down from ~5000cfs just a few days ago) so it's not going to get to Summer Pool anytime soon at that rate.

Post Thanks / Like

Fished 4/12-13-14, caught 3 keepers 4/12 afternoon, Friday had 24 keepers not many shorts, Saturday 6 keepers and more shorts most on points. Most around 12 to 14’ in 15 to 20’ feet of water. Saturday was in early afternoon, was a pain with wind and rain Friday and Saturday
    Likes KyBruce LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

How are these conditions and lake levels going to affect fishing at the spring fling? I’ve never fished green before so I’m a little nervous seeing these reports of high water.

Sent from my iPhone using Crappie.com

Post Thanks / Like

Depends on how much it rains

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast