HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: You never have enough fishing friends

Post Thanks / Like

Until I became a CDC member (2009) I always fished alone. I could just never find someone with the same morals and mindset as myself. My dad and I fished together as much as we could be we lived a long ways apart. I now have plenty of fishing buddies (dad lives right down the street too) and ALL of them came from CDC.

I might have been the first CDC member to take Steve fishing! Since that time, we have enjoyed many trips together.

Danny, come to the Spring outing. I know where it is. We can put you on some Walleyes there. Both myself and Kevin fished a tournement series there and did exceptionally well.
    I have OCD "Obsessive Crappie Disorder"
    Likes Jamesdean LIKED above post
    Thanks "D" thanked you for this post

Cane Pole is offline Crappie.com 2011 Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Yep. CDC is a special community. I have met a lot of folks here over the years and have fished with quiet a few members. Most of them were able to tolerate me and didn't push me overboard. This is good.

I put "D" on to Prater Taters. We are friends for life.
    Last edited by Cane Pole; 12-08-2017 at 11:59 AM.
    Member BS Pro-Staff and Billbob Pro-Staff
    Proud Member of Team Geezer... authorized by: billbob and "G"
    Likes blueball LIKED above post
    Thanks "D" thanked you for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by wicklundrh View Post

I might have been the first CDC member to take Steve fishing! Since that time, we have enjoyed many trips together.
    Yep, you sure were.
    We’ve had some good times on the water, and the last trip out with your dad was a real good one! You two together are a hoot.

Sent from my iPhone using Crappie.com Fishing mobile app
    2017 MiCDC fall crappie guide of the year (FCGOTY)
    Member: “Michigan chapter of Team Overalls
    Haulin Ash Fishing Rocks-"D"
    Caution: If we fish together, you may be on YouTube
    Likes "D" LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

I am very honored too have made wonderful friends on here and thank each and everyone for their friendship.
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER
    Likes "D", skeetbum, blueball LIKED above post

"D" is offline Super Moderator and 2023 Crappie.Com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Hey Steve and Conrod, this turned into a C.c koom ba ya thread. I love it. When I get up there we might sing the 99 bottles song. haha. Nephew and I at the discussing trip stage.
    Likes Just Steve, Conrod LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

good job Conrod..well done

to skeet..well said
    Likes Conrod LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Good job!
    I usually don't have a problem finding someone to go, but there are days when everyone is busy. Especially when it's cold out. Bunch of Nancy's.

My wife and son aren't as trusting either. We have "ax murder" friends. Long story short, wife was invited to a party by a women she speaks to on the phone almost everyday for work. She mentioned it to our oldest, the attorney. Next thing I knew he ran a background check and gave her and her husband the all-clear. We get to the "ax-murders" house for the party, I worked with the "ax murders" husband. I told him the story and we pulled a fast one on the women folks. Once they caught on, we all had a good laugh and regularly refer to them as the "ax murder" friends. That was over two years ago, and Dave has been to Canada with me several times. Plus we have become fishing buddies. Too bad they are retiring to Florida next spring. By the way, I don't call Dave Nancy. That was his ex-wife's name. I call him Sally instead. No, he doesn't fish in sub 50 degree temps. lol
    HOI Crappie Club
    Where family and friends come to compete for a little more than bragging rights.

Quick, someone teach me how to fish so I can win this tournament!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Nice story, Steve and good job Conrod!

I met JustSteve through C.C and have fished with him several times, as well as the occasional trip to Cabelas and to my cabin. He is a stand up guy, as are all the C.C members I have met. I belong to other outdoors sites and get tired of all the fighting and bickering that goes on, C.C is the total opposite. If any members ever come to Michigan I invite you to contact me and I would be happy to take you out fishing.
    The older I get the more I realize the therapeutic benefits of fishing
    Proud member of Michigan chapter "Team Overalls"
    Worlds proudest grandpa x6

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by spartannation View Post
    Nice story, Steve and good job Conrod!

I met JustSteve through C.C and have fished with him several times, as well as the occasional trip to Cabelas and to my cabin. He is a stand up guy, as are all the C.C members I have met. I belong to other outdoors sites and get tired of all the fighting and bickering that goes on, C.C is the total opposite. If any members ever come to Michigan I invite you to contact me and I would be happy to take you out fishing.
    He will even remember to put the plug in his boat!
    I have OCD "Obsessive Crappie Disorder"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Cane Pole View Post
    What I need is someone to load and unload my boat and rake leaves.
    I'll load and unload the boat. What ramp? 😂

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast