HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: PEARL HARBOR - a day which lives in infamy

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by USMA65 View Post
    So glad to see this tribute posted. Amazing that I have seen nothing in the media today.....maybe I'm just looking at the wrong sources. But it is a credit to Crappie.com that here are those here who do remember and will never forget.
    Duty, Honor, Country
    I was thinking the exact same thing! Nothing in the mainstream media.... Of course, Crappie dot com is about as mainstream as I get anymore
    I have OCD "Obsessive Crappie Disorder"
    Likes skeetbum, Cane Pole, Redge LIKED above post
    Thanks shipahoy41 thanked you for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Sailed past the USS Arizona monument back in the '60's. Service men still weep. God bless all who have served.
    "A voyage in search of knowledge need never abandon the spirit of adventure."
    Likes Cane Pole LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks to you and all our service men. Not many world war II vets left. Those were great Americans. I make it a purpose to go up and thank every one I see.

Post Thanks / Like

On Thursday I had the privilege of touring the WW2 museum in New Orleans...Everyone should go...A truly moving experience...It is unbelievable what that generation accomplished...

Post Thanks / Like

Great post ship. I have always been fascinated with American history and deeply touched by the sacrifices of our great men and women who have served past, present and future and
    I always watch the documentaries about the Day that will forever live in infamy... when the Japanese awakened the "Sleeping Giant" ...and I am left wondering what act of terrorism or
    unexpected enemy attack it will take to again awaken the again "Sleeping Giant".
    No disrespect intended, and I certainly hope I am wrong... but (like the rattlesnake gives warning before it strikes) it appears we have again let our guard down and may again given
    ourselves over to divisiveness and political nonsensense... (ignoring the rattling of the rattlesnake), (and again) leaving ourselves open to very a similar attack(s) or catastrophic outcome(s)...
    as we have seen repeatedly mounting (both) abroad and even from within the boundaries of our own nation and nearly every state.

Thanks for sharing.
    "Just Like Iron Sharpens Iron... So it is that One Man Sharpens Another Man." Proverbs 27:17
    Likes skeetbum, RiceRocket LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the reminder, if we forget our history we forfeit our future.

Cane Pole is offline Crappie.com 2011 Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I had the privilege of being stationed in Pearl Harbor (Ford Island) prior to being shipped out to the land of Chun. Chun was Ho Chi Minh real name. He had daddy ID problems. Anyway...

I toured all the beautiful sites. I was mostly impressed by the Punch Bowl Memorial. It is in the volcano crater. Go see it. Great WW2 memorial.
    Member BS Pro-Staff and Billbob Pro-Staff
    Proud Member of Team Geezer... authorized by: billbob and "G"

skeetbum is offline Crappie.com Legend - Moderator Jig Tying Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Shame on me. I went through the entire day with no radio on, and filled out paperwork on the job. It wasn't til I was home and talking with the Wife that she brought it up. That just proves how we get caught up in the everyday and forget what's important to us. Thank you for your service and that of all our veterans, you are all a cut above the rest.
    Creativity is just intelligence fooling around

Barnacle Bill is offline Super Mod and 2014 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I was there once for a very short time. Just long enough to go the the Chief's club for a few cold ones and the exchange to buy a Hawaiian shirt. I really wish I could have seen the memorials and paid my respect.
    Fair Winds and Following Seas

Bill H. PTC USN Ret
    Chesapeake, Va

Spaceman is offline Crappie.com 3K Star General * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the nice tribute shipahoy41. As a 30 year veteran, there is something very special about our Veterans of WWII. Had an opportunity to spend some time with a 3rd Army (Patton's own) veteran over Thanksgiving...a true delight to just sit down with him and listen.

There aren't many around today. If you have the honor and pleasure of meeting one of our great WWII vets, spend some time with him or her and cherish the moment.
    Triton 190FS, 200hp Optimax, HB 798C HD & War Eagle 548LDV, HiTek, 30hp Mercury, HB 998C HD
    Fishing is a privilege...catching is a bonus. Enjoy each precious moment we have to experience our great outdoors!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast