HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 168 of 214 FirstFirst ... 68118158165166167168169170171178 ... LastLast
Results 1,671 to 1,680 of 2137

Thread: Show your Boats off

Cray is offline Crappie.com 2019 Man of Year, Supermod & Moderator of the Mechanics Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by chadwiggins View Post
    1979 Skeeter SS-7
    This old bug had been setting under the tree in my buddies back yard for 20+ years that I know of. We might have had a few to many one night and I popped off and asked him if he want to sell it. He doesn't say a word, gets up, goes in the house, comes out in a couple minutes and hands me the title! Says " it's yours " lol

Rebuilt the feul and water pump, new control cables, extended the decks, new seats, new TM and other odds and ends. She's not pretty and not finished but runs like a top and fishes great. I'm already looking for another project boat.

Attachment 275784Attachment 275785Attachment 275786Attachment 275789Attachment 275791

Sent from my SM-G950U using Crappie.com Fishing mobile app
    You did a fantastic job bringing that ole girl back to life. I really like the way you brought passenger seat forward and enclosed that area. I had a 75 Stryker and that's one thing I hated. That offset threw every thing out of balance. Bet your buddy was surprised with finished product.
    Proud Member of Team Geezer
    Charlie Weaver USN/ENC 1965-1979

Likes chadwiggins, "D" LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

great job!!!!!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Not the best pics but we just picked up an Alumacraft Prowler 165 with a 50hp Mercury 4-stroke. Drove from NC to Barren Springs VA to pick it up from New River Marine late this week. Took it out to knock the new smell out Friday morning and sore lipped quite a few crappie. First time we have owned a boat in over 15 years. Great to be able to pick my own spots to fish and set my own pace although I'm thankful for the friends who have let me tag along in recent years. I'm hopeful it will make us a great little fishing vessel. Just me, the Ms. and 2 little lap dogs since the kids went and grew up on us...
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    Philippians 4:13 "I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me"

Wear that PFD, the life you save might be your own!!
    Likes huntinslabs, dwaw, micorps, "D" LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

She’s a beauty. Enjoy the fruits of your labor.

Sent from my iPhone using Crappie.com
    May the Lord bless you and keep you.
    May the Lord make his face to shine upon you, and be gracious to you.
    May the Lord lift up his countenance upon you, and give you peace.
    Numbers 6:24-26

Post Thanks / Like

Default Just about finished my 1448 build...

I sold my 16' Carolina Skiff last year because I find myself in the marsh and swamps more than offshore nowadays. I wanted to build something compact, light and tough so I went with a welded 1448 jon.

Picked her up at Hanko's Metal Works in Berwick, LA. Hanko's Aluminum Boats For Sale. Berwick, Louisiana They build absolutely awesome custom aluminum rigs, but they also sell little ALWELD aluminum jons manufactured in Arkansas. I picked up the 1448 high transom on the bottom in the pictures...

Name:  New_3.jpg
Views: 1921
Size:  100.3 KB

Name:  New_2.jpg
Views: 1881
Size:  83.8 KB

Name:  New_1.jpg
Views: 1851
Size:  82.6 KB

Got her home, ran the main power feeds and navigation light wiring from bow to stern. Used silicon to secure the lengths of PVC under the braces to protect the THHN wires. The battery will be placed up front under the front deck once I have it extended.

I had a 1/8" aluminum deck welded full length on the floor and the bow deck extended back about 1'. I then put down Hydro-Turf on the flooring, bow deck and rear seat top and front. Also had the front deck and rear seat cut and welded in the seat bases. You can see the two small cut-outs in the flooring for the bases of the pelican hooks that will hold the ice-chest in place.

Also had a trolling motor platform fabricated on the bow deck for the Minn Kota Edge.

Name:  New_4.jpg
Views: 1804
Size:  83.2 KB

Name:  Electrical_1.jpg
Views: 1681
Size:  54.5 KB

Name:  Hydroturf_1.jpg
Views: 1699
Size:  129.4 KB

Battery is in place under the extended deck and the fire extinguisher is mounted.

Name:  Electrical_2.jpg
Views: 1695
Size:  73.6 KB

Name:  Fire Extinguisher.jpg
Views: 1718
Size:  242.3 KB

Next I build a small and very simple control and power module within reach of me while underway. It has two USB ports, a 12V cigarette lighter port and a small battery voltage display. One switch is for the nav lights, the other switch powers up the battery voltage display and the two outlets.

Also in the pictures is the 13 gal fuel tank I installed along with the little water filter mounted on the transom. Near the fuel tank is a tachometer that I also installed...I know that's kind of overkill, but I used the tachometer to size the SS prop properly and so I just installed it permanently. I tried a couple of different tiny-tachs (inductive types), but they didn't give me a steady enough reading and I didn't trust them so I just bought the factory tachometer.

Name:  Electrical_3.jpg
Views: 1683
Size:  244.4 KB

Name:  Electrical_4.jpg
Views: 1660
Size:  209.5 KB

Name:  Electrical_7.jpg
Views: 1660
Size:  173.4 KB

Name:  In progress_5.jpg
Views: 1661
Size:  74.0 KB

Attached a few rod-holders on the outside of the ice-chest, which is held securely in place with the stainless pelican hooks attached to the flush bases in the deck. When not needed it's easy to remove the chest and not have anything on the deck to trip over.

Name:  Pelican Hooks.jpg
Views: 1696
Size:  238.1 KB

Finally, had 4 extra rod-holders welded on the outside of the transom. Keeps the rods out of the way when not needed...my boat is only 14' so storing the rods along the side was too tight a squeeze and used up too much space for me.

Name:  Rod holders_1.jpg
Views: 1676
Size:  67.1 KB

Here are a few more of the completed setup. Having the battery up front really helps with the weight distribution when I'm by myself. Enjoy and let me know if anyone has any questions...

Name:  In progress_1.jpg
Views: 1702
Size:  96.8 KB

Name:  In progress_2.jpg
Views: 1710
Size:  82.4 KB

Name:  In progress_3.jpg
Views: 1678
Size:  84.5 KB

Name:  In progress_4.jpg
Views: 1693
Size:  93.7 KB

Name:  In progress_6.jpg
Views: 1662
Size:  75.3 KB

Name:  In progress_7.jpg
Views: 1664
Size:  70.1 KB

Name:  In progress_8.jpg
Views: 1699
Size:  87.5 KB

Post Thanks / Like

That is clean. Very nice work.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    Thanks clay slayer thanked you for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Name:  IMG_0680.jpg
Views: 1256
Size:  203.4 KB2004 tracker

Sent from my iPhone using Crappie.com Fishing mobile app
    Likes chippo, chadwiggins LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Looks great, Know you will enjoy

Post Thanks / Like

Very nice!

Post Thanks / Like

wow! I love your rig. Is the trailer from the same manufacturer? Now that is a crappie hunting machine. Solid, simple, functional. Nice job. Thanks for sharing the eye candy