HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 64 of 84 FirstFirst ... 14546162636465666774 ... LastLast

Thread: LAKE TEXOMA archives

Post Thanks / Like

Those are some nice fish Arctic! I enjoy seeing all the crappie you and crappie wrangler catch! I am one of the "lurkers" he mentioned the other day lol. When I figure out this crappie thing a little better I'll take some pics for you guys, until then a lurker I will be!

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks there's really not that much to it just a lot of time on the water and sometimes we get lucky and put a hook in front of a hungry one. I live fishing and hunting and probably spend more time doing both in a year then the average person does in their life. Someone once told me they couldn't believe how I got a big buck every year so I did the math for them turned out if your in the stand almost every day from oct to the end of dec a buck is bound to get tired of walking around you sooner or later. Same thing goes for fish put a hook in front of enough of them one will decide to eat it sooner or later (good electronics help put it in front of them tremendously) Once the water warms up a bit I will be noodling everyday so the crappie will get a break. Got to keep the food chain even.

Post Thanks / Like

Arctic took me fishing today. He gave me a real education. I hope to be just like him when I grow up. Here is the biggest fish.

Name:  IMG_1765.jpg
Views: 585
Size:  56.1 KB

Post Thanks / Like

I forgot to give the numbers. There was a total of 81 fish caught with only 9 keepers. The 9 keepers filled 2 freezer bags with fillets. With the problems we endured with methane an sarcasm and sunburn it was a very enjoyable trip. We even learned the importance of being prepared to change line on a reel while on the water. All considered Arctic is fun to fish with even though his walking back to the ramp was discussed several times. I thought I was going to have to put him in time out several times.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Likes Redge, Arctic, Lil fat guy, Bigskyfisherman LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Y'all wouldn't believe it but I had to put 4 in the box before wrangler figured out we wanted to get the fish all the way in the boat not just get them to bite a hook. In all honesty we had a great time or at least I did. We had to change up patterns and track some fish down as they are shifting around a bit some are spawning but most are not. Got to give him props on the boat driving to keep a couple stripers from spooling my little reel. Good times and good fellowship even if we didn't slaughter the fish. That's what fishing is all about in my book.

Post Thanks / Like

That was 2 quart bags. I need to start proof reading. I am looking forward to the next trip.

Post Thanks / Like

While Arctic and I were fishing my live well pump quit working so I replaced it today and then put it on the water to test it. I can't go on the water without fishing. Catch and release but I did get a pic of the biggest.

Name:  IMG_1775.jpg
Views: 505
Size:  63.6 KB
    Likes Arctic, Redge, Lil fat guy, Frank300 LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

My buddy Phillip from Ada Oklahoma aka the "Ada Flash" came down today and took me Striper and Sand Bass fishing. Neither he nor I needed fish so we used our crappie rods and 8# line all day. We caught dozens of fish sometimes 2 at a time and had a blast. We caught a couple dozen crappie running with the Striper 3 that we kept.

Name:  IMG_1776.jpg
Views: 515
Size:  57.4 KB
    Likes Frank300, Arctic, Bigskyfisherman, Redge LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Weather fronts and windy makes for a good time to pour hooks and paint lures so that's what I been doing.
    Likes Arctic, Redge LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Name:  IMG_1782.jpg
Views: 309
Size:  115.7 KB

Poured this 2' X 2' pad to keep the trailer jack from sinking into the gravel. Also making it easier to align the trailer when backing up to it. The down side is that now I am sidelined a few days recovering from the back strain. Nothing like pain pills and a recliner to remind me how useless old age has made me.
    Likes Frank300, Bigskyfisherman LIKED above post