HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 379 of 389 FirstFirst ... 279329369376377378379380381382 ... LastLast
Results 3,781 to 3,790 of 3888

Thread: Lake Eufaula archives

Post Thanks / Like

Awfully quiet in here.

Fished yesterday from 2:00 pm to 8:00 pm and had a blast. Caught between 20 and 30 fish. They ate up the beaver bottoms and hair jigs, seems like color didn't matter at all. First time trying the beaver bottoms and I'm a beleaver now. Very effective bait. I'll try to get a picture posted tonight.

Good fishing,

Rooster

Post Thanks / Like

There's a lull in the crappie coming in shallow here in Arrowhead Estates at the boat ramp. It was hot and heavy for a week or so, but now I'm wondering if they're done with their spawn in this area. Hope they return, but if they don't, it was fun while it lasted.
    AMERICANS: Willing to cross a frozen river to kill you, in your sleep, on Christmas, totally not kidding, we've done it.
    Likes Crappie Reaper LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

I was right around the corner from ya stink at Area 51. Still getting lots of males shallow and females are still holding eggs. Caught quite a few females in about 4 foot of water maybe 10 feet from where the males are staging.

Sent from my HTC Desire 626 using Tapatalk
    Likes Stinkfinger, lepcur LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Went to Eufaula for the first time in three years, planning on wading the shallows at Gentry Creek and dipping brush with my 16 footer. Lo and behold, the brush was all high and dry. Moved south and found a spot with some people fishing both minnows and jigs. As usual, the report was: "They bit well yesterday and this morning, but they seem to have quit." That seems to be the report every time I drive from the city to Eufaula. Several hours of trying hair, feather, and plastic yielded three keepers and three small sand bass, so I gave up and got some minnows. Smacked 'em good, all males right on the bank, in water 1.5' to 2' deep.. Visited with a nice guy named Rocky and his wife. She caught Big Mama, which appeared to be 16-17 inches, by far the biggest fish I saw (except for the big one that broke me off, winking smiley face).

Post Thanks / Like

Nice Bigsky! I got skunked for the first time in 2017 today out on the Verdigris. Figured with the water up I'd get in them oxbows and do some damage. Nope. Hit Bird creek too, nada. Water temp was 60 degrees and current was moderate to light for the most part. Still better than work though.

Sent from my LGLS775 using Tapatalk
    Likes Redge LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Hey bigsky, same thing happened to me at Gentry Creek!!! Not familiar at all with Eufala. Where else is a good spot to go?
    Likes Thunderingjoe LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Guys the north end of Eufaula can really hit and miss, especially this time of year. There is lots of prespawn fish to be caught out in deeper water right now, the ones on the bank you have to commit to find them. Might take 3-4 hrs flipping a jog and cork but if you stay with it you will find some. EB
    Likes varmithunter, Thunderingjoe LIKED above post
    Thanks KenMasters, Bigskyfisherman thanked you for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ThaChef View Post
    Hey bigsky, same thing happened to me at Gentry Creek!!! Not familiar at all with Eufala. Where else is a good spot to go?
    Chef, I don't get over to Eufaula very often, since it's a long drive. But there are lots places to do well (as long as I'm not there). Some of the places we have caught 'em over the last thirty+ years include the culverts east of Gentry, Porum, Belle Starr, Arrowhead, Crowder, Coal Creek, Mill Creek, Juniper Point, Bugtussle, the culverts along 9A, and over near Blocker.
    Likes Thunderingjoe LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Over the weekend got 2 reports from Belle star marina and Fountainhead marina. Both groups had close to 100. EB
    Thanks Bigskyfisherman thanked you for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks fellas!
    Thanks mjg_07 thanked you for this post