HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Stinger Leech

Post Thanks / Like

thanks fellas. i was hoping there would be a "sweet spot" there where it would work on both crappies and walleyes, but it looks like it will have to be made in several sizes to accommodate everything

Post Thanks / Like

Hey H20 Hammer,
    I fish the Old Man River, on the opener for Eyes, Its always been won with cranks in the 3 1/2" range , I won it 2 years ago with one of my hand carved Sunfish cranks, 3 3/4"... I want to try this year with the softbait spinner combo's that I've been working on this winter That's why I said you might want to do a 3 -4" mold, I know it isn't cheap to have one built...Altho some food for thought, with the right multi bladed spinner creating the thump you might get away with a 2 1/2" body
    I dunno if this helps at all?
    Likes H2oHammer LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Can you do two tone bodies with this mold?? one color on top the other on the bottom??

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Fatman View Post
    Can you do two tone bodies with this mold?? one color on top the other on the bottom??
    i am not entirely sure fatman, i haven't had time to figure out my dual injector yet. leonard thought it would be possible when we were discussing the design.

Post Thanks / Like

The 4.25 inch version of this bait should be available late next week. Brian
    http://www.H2oHammer.com
    Thanks snake River thanked you for this post

snake River is offline Crappie.com 2010 Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by H2oHammer View Post
    The 4.25 inch version of this bait should be available late next week. Brian
    if you get this mold please post on it.

www.bobsjigs.com
    Likes H2oHammer LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

4.25 Stinger Leech. Very cool bait, tail action is second to none. The two shown with jigs are being sported on Fish Sniper Jigs. The pink/white is shown on the "Glow Clown", the black/chartreuse is shown on the "Firetiger". Both are 3/4 oz jigs.

Name:  IMG_6736.jpg
Views: 416
Size:  70.8 KB
    Name:  IMG_6744.jpg
Views: 399
Size:  55.5 KB

Post Thanks / Like

I just wanted to provide some "actual" fishing feedback on these baits.

I've had the pleasure of working with Brian for the last year and a half. Specifically helping design and test color patterns for large walleyes on the Detroit and Saginaw river systems. I've known about this bait for sometime now and patiently waited to finally get my hands on it and put it in the water! I put just over 80 walleye over the side of my boat during pre-fishing stages for my recent opening walleye tournament. Most of those fish came on some varient of the "Stinger Leech".

I say Varient because there are a TON of different things you can do with this bait. You can hook it like a typical leech and allow the tail to work in and up and down or verticle motion. OR, you can hook it "EEL Style" and allow the tail to work in a side to side motion. For the area we were fishing, the "EEL Style" worked best. The fish loved the movement of the tail. Unlike the typical paddle tail worms that have dominated this river system for some time, this bait allows for a much larger tail profile. It allows the fish to see it better in stained or dirty water situations.

Another great feature of the tail is that it is large enough to allow you to "alter" it. Put a slice up the tail and you have a "Split tail" design. Do some scissor work and you can get a paddle tail design. Rip the tail off all together and use it as an attractor overtop of a live minnow. ALL of them worked and produced fish! The tail action is spot on to a leech and the tail itself tapers down to next to nothing. Leanord did a great job on the mold I can tell you that!

The heart of the bait (or the meat) is large enough to accommidaite the big jigs. The bait does NOT split or twist on the hook keeper. Often times, we find ourselves saying things like "it works great but.... IF it just had a little less tail". In this instance, I would NOT change a thing. This bait affords me the ability to alter it to the situation (if need be) and can accomidate a large variety of fishing styles, situations, and bodies of water! We used it in a river system that is dominated by baits that "supposedly" immitate a lamphry. I can tell you the bait looks nothing like it. It is my feeling that, when turned EEL style, this bait more closely resembles the lamphries in this chain. We don't see many leeches in this river yet the stinger leech killed the fished!!! Especially on days when others found it tough with their tried and true go to baits of yesteryear!

Name:  stinger lineup.jpg
Views: 347
Size:  77.4 KB
    I have OCD "Obsessive Crappie Disorder"
    Likes skeetbum, H2oHammer LIKED above post
    Thanks shipahoy41 thanked you for this post

DrNip is offline Crappie.com 3K Star General * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Nice bait. I'd dip it for crappie in the 3-3.5" range.
    Likes callmecamo, H2oHammer LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Leonard cranked out the 3 inch molds for the Stinger Leech for me, and it is now for sale on the Custom page on the website. This is the finest drop-shot bait I have ever come across, hands down. It should fit the bill for you guys that play with the adult crappies. If there is a color combo you would like that I dont have listed, just let me know...not a problem. Hope you like it as much as I do! Brian

Name:  IMG_6785.jpg
Views: 363
Size:  88.6 KB
    Last edited by H2oHammer; 04-20-2017 at 07:18 PM. Reason: Communism.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast