HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 53 of 84 FirstFirst ... 3435051525354555663 ... LastLast

Thread: LAKE TEXOMA archives

Post Thanks / Like

My wife and I have done the same thing with the ethanol (crapanol). We go to Missouri for a week or two to visit our son and his family. We can't find a station with 100% gas, and were told that Missouri requires that all stations have to sell crapanol. The mileage goes to pot, and it takes 2-3 tanks of real gas to get the mileage back up after we get back home to Oklahoma. Speaking of interesting observations, that difference in mileage means that you are actually burning more gasoline when you use crapanol, which is 90% gas. In the wrangler's case, he would use 1 gallon of 100% to go 15 miles. He would use 1 gal. plus 4/11 (or .36) gal. of crapanol. Since crapanol is .9 gas, he would use 1.36X.9, or 1.22 gal. of gas. The whole idea of crapanol is to reduce emissions, but instead it increases the amount of gas burned when you use it, making for MORE emissions, rather than less. And the kicker is that our taxes pay for the increased cost of production in making crapanol, as well as paying for the incentive bonus paid by the government to the oil companies in order to keep the cost at the pump lower than the 100% gas.
    In all, it's just a major boondoggle by the government, using up more resources (including the corn lost) AND causing more pollution, in addition to the problems that crapanol causes to the hoses and mechanical parts under the hood.
    End of rant.
    Likes 4lber, Redge LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Fished both deep and shallow two times this week on Texoma and only caught trash fish on the only bites I had. Water temp 58*. Water very stained north and clears as you go south

Post Thanks / Like

Caught fish on the bank fishing from my tube in 2 to 3 ft of water up on north end going to have to get me one of those new cell phones so I can post pictures
    Likes Redge LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

For some of you that don't know what I mean by north end its house tops, butcher pen, kansas creek, south dike, widow Moore, and old river channel just to name a few
    Likes Bigskyfisherman, Redge LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

I have managed a few fish around Texoma lately but nothing to brag about. Still struggling. While surface water temps are higher daily weather reports claim water temp to be 54 degrees
    Likes Frank300 LIKED above post
    Thanks Redge thanked you for this post

Post Thanks / Like

How's the water clarity wrangler? I haven't been down this year but usually either fish soldier or catfish bay.

Post Thanks / Like

Not as clear as before the flood but depending on where you are visibility is around 2'.

Post Thanks / Like

My fishing partner wanted to fish yesterday even though we usually won't fish on weekends. I took him just so he could experience it. Between the tournament and the guides and the alcohol induced thrill junkies he decided he did not want to fish on weekends anymore. I watched a tournament participating person planed out come by a 22" pontoon boat that was tied up fishing with in 70'. Literally threw the men on the pontoon out of their seats and on the floor as he went by. My fishing buddy decided it was time to head for the ramp.

Post Thanks / Like

time to report the tournament boat to the rangers

Post Thanks / Like

I should not have posted this. I apologize. It could be considered devising or lead to division. This site is supposed to be fun and positive and I should be more considerate of that fact.