HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Crappie.commers

Post Thanks / Like

Good to hear about "acts of kindness" and to know that there are still some good people out there. I myself have always made sure to help a fellow boater on the lake. I cannot count how mant times I have towed a starnded boat in. I would never take money for doing so. I would just ask them if they ever senn anybody that needed help or even myself that they would do the same.
    http://www.squidoo.com/best-crappie-fishing
    Likes don3778, "D", Mstr Dan LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

From a proud dad. Early last fall my son and his friend where trying to catch a few crappie when the boat they were in broke down and there weren't any boats around to tow them in so I got the call to come and "rescue " them. I finally got there with my boat and got them back to the ramp. We got the boats loaded and I noticed his friend talking to a young boy that had walked up. This boy had a 2 piece spinning rod and a few plastic grubs in his pocket but no line or jigs/hooks. I got to watch my son and his friend line this boy's reel give him some jigs and show him how to tie it on. Then went with him to the creek bank to show him how to cast and retrieve. We watched him catch 3 small white bass before he had to leave. We have been back to that ramp several times but have not seen this boy again. Makes a Daddy proud!
    Likes don3778, "D" LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Good job nimrod, looking forward to meeting you at spring camp, have heard alot of good things about you.
    Likes don3778 LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Cool story. I hope me and my buddy are still fishing when turn 80. I fished by myself the other day and had a fella offer to help me load
    the 12' jon boat in the back of my truck. I accepted, and then we ended up talking about fishing for over an hour. Good thing I am no longer
    married because I think he has convinced me to buy a larger boat lol.
    Likes don3778, "D" LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Those stories make an old loggers eyes cloud up. Like one of the folks that posted earlier that grew up dirt poor I did as well. I loved to fish but I was raised on an orphanage and tackle was all but none. I fished with what I could get. Old rod and reel. a little line a few hooks and sinkers. A big bass all but cleaned me out one day. I was devastated. I didn't have enough line left to fish and my reel was history. My world had come to an end. Since I have been in some tough situations at work as a timberfaller and in the army before that. They all paled to the thought of not fishing. I walked back to the cottage as they were called the saddest kid ever I think. I didn't sleep at all thhat night. Couldn't eat breakfast. Even if I had been working for 4 hours by then. After breakfast i was called to the farms office. I thought god what now. No fishing and in trouble to boot. i must admit I was no new comer to the office. I was a bit headstrong then. Geuss I still am for that matter. Any way I had to wait in the office for an eternity. Ten or ffteen minutes. The supers door opened and he called me in. Well here comes THAT paddle again was all I could tghink of. There was another guy in the office as well. Just what I needed. Someone to watch me get my butt beat. I had made up my mind very young tjhat I would never cry. As much as I had been spanked by the supe. he never made me cry. I walked in and told him to please just get it over with I had waited long enough. The other guy asked what I was waiting for. I told him my whacking. He chucled. Fine I thought not only will he get to watch but he thinks it's funny. I was as mad as I had ever been. the guy reached behind him and pulled out a brand new rod reel and tackle box. My jaw dropped. These were the things I only dreamed of touching never owning. He said with a very kind voice" these are yours". I said 'WHAT" he said 'These are for you. I have watched you fish for a couple of months. I saw that bass wipe you out. I just thought maybe this stuff would come in handy".Pain never to thios day has made me cry. The kindness of a guy I didn't even know made me cry like a baby. I will never forget his kindness and compassion. I have made a point ever since to help folks fishing. Young old man or woman or child. I have had my heart lifted so many times I can't count them all. Wouldn't have it anyother way.
    Some folks fish to live. I live to fish
    Likes kycreek, Redge, skeetbum, don3778, "D", Mstr Dan LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

My little story of how you never know how you will affect someone is not about fishing but about a squirrel hunt. 15 or so years ago I had an aquaintance at work who was having marital and teenage son problems. He told me how his 14 year old son and him were having a lot of problems due to his troubles with his soon to be ex wife and that he really wished he could spend some time in the woods or on the water with him. My family owns some good hunting ground so I invited him to bring his son out sometime on a nice Saturday and we would shoot some squirrels. Soon he told me they had some time and we set up a date to go. That day was a beautiful early October day and the squirrels were moving good and we shot a couple of limits and spent the rest of the day just playing with the .22's target shooting. They both seemed to have a great time. Next Monday at work he said his boy talked about how much fun the day was. I was happy for them. A couple of years later the dad had never gotten over the divorce and committed suicide. I went to the funeral and in the receiving line I shook the boys hand and expressed my condolences. He looked at me a few seconds then he smiled and said "you are the guy that took me and dad hunting aren't you"? When I said yes he told me that day of hunting was one of the things he had thought a lot about in the last couple of days since his dad's death and then he bent down (he was a lot bigger by then) and gave me a long hug and thanked me for that day. I didn't know what to say. I have tried since then to remember that even what seems like a small act of kindness can be something that lasts a lifetime to the person receiving it.
    Likes skeetbum, don3778, "D", Mstr Dan LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Good story bud!

Post Thanks / Like

well done nimrod
    In humble reverance to the GREAT I AM! THAT I AM!

Post Thanks / Like

Good story

Hat55 is offline Crappie Wall Hanger II * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

After reading this thread, I am even more proud to be a crappie .com member. Thanks for the stories.
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER

Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678910 ... LastLast